Shrimp Creole !



Shrimp Creole :

2 pounds of deveined jumbo shrimp
4 garlic cloves
2 celery stalks
1 large green pepper
1 1/2 large onions
1 bay leaf
1 28oz can of plum tomatoes in thick puree:
I used Cento brand which was delicious 😋
Olive oil
Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
5 scallions
2 cups of cooked jasmine rice

I deveined the shrimp and rinsed them off like 3 times! The clean freak in me was out of control!
Cut up the green pepper, onion, celery, and garlic cloves. Sauté this with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil for about 5-10 minutes. Add more if you have a lot of veggies like I did. I really didn’t measure, I just poured like my creole mama and grandmother did . Add the can of plum tomatoes with all of the thick purée. I cut up some of the tomatoes after 5 minutes of simmering. Add the creole seasoning. I just sprinkled until I heard my ancestors say “that’s enough chile!”  Let this simmer for about 20 minutes, then add your shrimp and bay leaf. Stir everything around with a large spoon. Let this cook for an additional 20 minutes. I added my chopped scallions at the end. Cook 2 cups of jasmine rice or white rice to serve and enjoy! I did not add hot sauce or cayenne pepper because I like my colon, and my friend’s 9 year old daughter wouldn’t have been able to enjoy it.

Photo by Renee Boone
Comments
0 Comments

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire